Sose Women’s Issues NGO (Sose) in consortium with Eurasia Partnership Foundation (EPF), SOCIES Expert Centre NGO (Socies), Boon TV Foundation (Boon TV), and Youth Cooperation Center of Dilijan NGO (YCCD) – hereinafter the “DATA partners,” is implementing the “Data for Accountable and Transparent Action” (DATA) program, co-created and supported by the United States Agency for International Development. The program started in June 2020, and will be implemented through May 2022.
The DATA program will strengthen CSO capacities and their impact on policy processes using the following “value chain” approach for sound evidence-based policy advocacy:
- Identifying/formulating an issue (grass-roots organization or CSO)
- Researching the issue (research or data entity)
- Transforming the raw research data into policy recommendations (think tank)
- Advocating with stakeholders (media/communications entity).
The following set of activities will be implemented during the DATA program:
- Networking meetings to define gaps in the “value chain policy process” in Armenia
- Outreach sessions in regions to inform as many CSOs and other actors as possible about the program and its benefits.
- International technical expertise for best practices and building capacities of DATA partners and beneficiaries.
- Financial support to four Network Consortia, composed of CSOs, Research, Think Tank and Communication/media actors.
- Development of tools and methods, such as the Problem Identification checklist and evidence-based advocacy processes.
- Mentoring and coaching of DATA beneficiaries and for particular members of the supported four network consortia.
- Internships and fellowships to a much larger group of beneficiaries, who will also contribute to the achievement of DATA objectives.
The DATA program will help foster the culture of bottom-up data-driven decision making in Armenia by demonstrating how sound data originating at the grass-roots level strengthens and facilitates more effective advocacy and contributes to the formulation of necessary policies.